What is Sel-Vit?
Research has shown that selenium and vitamin E deficient calves are at greater risk of disease and poor health outcomes. Sel-Vit provides oral selenium and vitamin E to maintain healthy immune function and support overall cow and calf health. When compared to injectables, Sel-Vit is safer, has shown equivalent absorption, and provides significantly more vitamin E.
Sel-Vit should be used once in the first week of life when calves are deficient in selenium and to increase vitamin E levels after birth to boost immune function. This product is not meant to be fed daily and should not be used twice within a 7-day period unless advised by a veterinarian. Sel-Vit is available for purchase in a 1kg jar.
What Are the Benefits of Sel-Vit?
- Safer alternative to synthetic injectables, with lower risk of anaphylaxis compared to injected sodium selenite
- No withdrawal period – most injectables have a 21 to 35 day meat withdrawal period
- Provides 100% organic selenium compared to synthetic sodium selenite used in injectables
- Provides 2500 IU of vitamin E compared to 136 IU in most injectables
- Water soluble formulation
- Welfare-conscious route of administration
- Easy to administer using a convenient 10g dose scoop